Simplicity

"His wrath, you see, is fleeting,
    but His grace lasts a lifetime.
The deepest pains may linger through the night,
    but joy greets the soul with the smile of morning."
  Psalm 30:5  The Voice 
 
Simplicity  Photo Credit: Susan Quinten

I'm just sitting here God, listening to one of my favorite David Nevue instrumentals. 

While The Trees Sleep Thinking about the act of caregiving, what it's turned out to be and what it has not.
 
Would I have ever have seen what You wanted to show me, if my son's illness hadn't slowed me down long enough to look with eyes of understanding? 


I could have missed the best lessons. I might have missed the real me that resists surfacing, except in the quietest of moments. I might not have found the immeasurable peace that hides in the stillness of late nights. My life would be less if my mind had not called out to You during the hard moments, looking for the strength to Overcome. Without the fuel of prayerful moments, I would surely have fewer thankful thoughts.
 
There is such peace in simple things. Such grace in innocence. Such humility in the privilege of being asked by God to care for a person's needs in such a personal way.
 
 
"God has chosen what the world calls foolish to shame the wise. He has chosen what the world calls weak to shame what is strong."
 
 
"Our society values youth, wealth, security and power, but the true greatest value comes through serving others with compassion and love. We’re not all called to serve in the same way, but we are each called to serve through compassion & love in our own way. Mother Teresa declared that the most painful suffering of all is “loneliness.” Mother said, “Don’t ever forget who you are touching.” 
 
"Our aging parents and elderly loved ones face loss and loneliness on a daily basis.  Each of us, in our daily lives, can “make room and time” for the elderly who cross our paths.  Consider giving the “gift of your presence.”  Through your listening ear, a simple gaze, a gentle touch…. you can indeed nourish the soul of another human being at the time of their greatest need."
 
By Paul A. Wright, MD; Cardiologist to Mother Teresa the last 5 years of her life.
 
 "I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren,
you did it to Me."